Come learn how APS will transition from Georgia Performance Standards to Common Core State Standards. This informative workshop will provide an overview of the new standards and offer practical ideas for activities to help children learn at home.
Parents are encouraged to attend ANY session that meets their schedule.
All sessions are from 10am – 2pm
- Saturday, February 11, Kennedy Middle School – 225 James Brawley Dr., SW 30314
- Saturday, February 25, Price Middle School – 1670 Benjamin W. Bickers Dr. SW 30315
- Saturday, March 3, Inman Middle School – 774 Virginia Ave., NE 30306
- Saturday, March 10, BEST Academy – 1890 Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy., NW 30318
- Are aligned with college and work expectations;
- Are clear, understandable and consistent;
- Include rigorous content and application of knowledge through high-order skills;
- Build upon strengths and lessons of current state standards;
- Are informed by other top performing countries, so that all students are prepared to succeed in our global economy and society; and
- Are evidence-based. (source: http://www.corestandards.org)
Download the flyer HERE.