At the start of the 2013-14 school year, Superintendent Erroll Davis delivered a state-of-the-schools address and spoke candidly about APS’ challenges and work to honor a rich legacy of 141 years. Now, K-12 regional executive directors and school principals plan to hold their own forums to talk about the state-of-the-schools in each cluster. APS representatives will present student achievement results, academic and related goals, and key initiatives for each cluster. They will also answer questions from parents, students, employees and partners. For the schedule of cluster meetings, please see below.
- North Atlanta Cluster: November 14 – North Atlanta H.S. at 6:30 p.m.
- Douglass Cluster: December 12 – Douglass High School at 6 p.m.
(The following high schools are part of the Douglass Cluster: the B.E.S.T. Academy at Benjamin S. Carson, Frederick Douglass High School and the Coretta Scott King Young Women’s Leadership Academy.)
- Carver Cluster: December 3 – New Schools at Carver at 6:30 p.m.
- South Atlanta Cluster: December 9 – South Atlanta Educational Complex at 6:30 p.m.
- Mays Cluster: December 4 – Mays H.S. at 6:30 p.m.
- Washington Cluster: December 11 – 6:30 p.m. at Washington HS * New date scheduled *
- Therrell Cluster: December 10 – Therrell Educational Complex at 6:30 p.m.
· Grady Cluster: January 15 – Grady H.S. at 6:30 p.m.
· Maynard Jackson Cluster: January 16 – Maynard Jackson H.S. at 6:30 p.m.