Posts tagged ‘Canadian National Anthem’
On Saturday, January 12th, the Springdale Park Advanced Chorus performed the Canadian National Anthem “O, Canada” at the Gwinnett Gladiators Game vs. the Kalamazoo Wings. Over 120 Springdale Park fans were present to support the chorus. The Gladiators are the ECHL Affiliate of the Buffalo Sabres and the Phoenix Coyotes of the National Hockey League and are members of the ECHL, the Premier “AA” Hockey League.
The event was part of a FUN-raiser with many benefits for Springdale Park Choruses:
- Family and friends of the chorus members were able to buy reduced-price ticket sales for the game
- The Children had an unforgettable experience singing for a huge professional sports team audience
- Because Springdale Park sold more than 100 tickets, their music program will receive a donation back from the Gladiators!
The Springdale Park Choruses have performed the US National Anthem for multiple sporting events around town, including Georgia Tech Women’s Volleyball and Basketball games and Springdale Park’s 5th Grade Basketball Challenge. The performers wanted to try something new for the Gladiators game by singing the Canadian Anthem. They further challenged themselves by learning the bi-lingual version of “O, Canada”, singing it in English and French!
“I am so proud of the beautiful singing and grateful for the dedication and hard work devoted by all of our Springdale Park Chorus and Advanced Chorus members! The kids blew me away with their lovely sound and excellent diction!” says Brianne Turgeon, Music/Chorus Teacher at Springdale Park.
Springdale Park is looking forward to the upcoming events:
- February 9 – The Community Children’s Chorus Festival, featuring choruses from Springdale Park, Mary Lin, The Swift School (private), Henderson Mill (DeKalb), and Atlanta Young Singers (of Callanwolde)
- February 13 – Advanced Chorus performance at LGPE at Mays High School
- April 27 – The Inman Park Festival Parade
- May 13 – Spring Music Concert
For more information, please visit Music@SPARK’s blog: http://springdaleparkmusic.blogspot.com/